Association of Adult Musicians with Hearing Loss firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a diverse group. A few of of us are born with very little hearing. Some of us lost our hearing as children, and took up playing a musical instrument after the onset of the hearing loss. Others had normal hearing, played our instruments for a long time, then experienced hearing loss. In any case, the degree of hearing loss is of such significance it now impacts on how we play (or no longer play) music.
The purpose of this group is to exchange information on how to continue making music with a hearing loss, both in solo or ensemble situations, how hearing instruments such as hearing aids/cochlear implants/assistive listening devices help or hinder us in our musical endeavors, and how to cope with the angst some of us feel when playing for an audience who most likely has better hearing than we do. Although most of us are amateur musicians, we cheer those of us who have succeeded in becoming professional musicians.
This group is also open to music educators and audiologists who are interested in knowing how to work with, and teach adults with hearing loss.
Guidelines for those who want to post to our group - anything you post needs to relate to both hearing loss AND music. Otherwise, the post will be deleted. Posts that discusses the support or sponsorship of any other organization will also be deleted. Individuals who violates these guidelines will be removed from this group.
Group Email Addresses
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to anyone.
- Members can edit their messages.
Top Hashtags [See All]
- #cal-invite 12 topics
- #cal-reminder 7 topics
- #webinar-topics 2 topics
- #AAMHLconcerts 2 topics
- #cal-notice 2 topics
- #poll-notice 1 topics
- #2020Walk4Hearing Walk4Hearing 2020 information 1 topics
- #poll 1 topics
- #2020miniconference Discussion on our 2020 miniconference 1 topics
- #recruitingbod recruiting for board members 1 topics