Call for submissions for our Mid-Century concert! in September 2021! #concertsbymembers

Wendy Cheng

Come perform at our upcoming Mid-Century Concert  on September 19!   The focus this time is on mid-century American music published between 1925 and 2000.  So if you love to perform rock, jazz, or even music by Gershwin, now is your chance to shine.

We do ask that the music being performed is either in the public domain or you have a license to perform it.  AAMHL now has a subscription with 8notes.com where we have a license to perform copyrighted music.   You can browse through the collection and let us know which music you would like to perform and we will get you the full sheet music from 8notes.  If the music you are looking for is not in 8notes.com we may be able to ask them to add the music.

Here are the deadlines to remember for this concert:

August 29 - requests for sheet music from 8notes.com can be completed at this form:
https://forms.gle/aLL7xfDzyXNuQvUK9

September 12 - video submission due (no last minute submission please)
https://forms.gle/PnbJuQN4YmpH4PbQ9

September 19 at 8:00 pm EST - concert

--

Wendy Cheng
Founder and president, Association of Adult Musicians with Hearing Loss

Advanced Bionics Naida (bilateral)
Viola, handbells/handchimes, piano

Stu Nunnery

Great Wendy... how many songs can we do or is it a one off? Thanks.
Do you need captions to the lyrics?
I'm thinking of "Your Song" by Elton John and it shows up on 8notes.
Stu

On Fri, Aug 13, 2021 at 9:21 PM Wendy Cheng <ldwendy@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi Wendy..I want to perform at the concert and I believe I have sent you earlier my wish to perform Elton John’s Your Song. I see it on eight notes. Will you get me the sheet music  or do I just go to the link and fill out the form to get the sheet music though I really don’t need it? And do I assume that I can do that song as it appears in eight notes?
Thanks, Stu

On Aug 14, 2021, at 12:13 PM, Stu Nunnery <buskerman880@...> wrote:

[...]

Brad Ingrao

Hi Wendy,

I was thinking about doing a blues improvisation using a looper to create the bass and Harmony lines.  There won't be a chart so no copyright issues

On Tue, Aug 24, 2021, 7:23 AM Stu Nunnery <buskerman880@...> wrote:
[...]

I will get you the sheet music to Your Song by Elton John.

Thank you for your interest!

Wendy
--

Wendy Cheng
Founder and president, Association of Adult Musicians with Hearing Loss

Advanced Bionics Naida (bilateral)
Viola, handbells/handchimes, piano

Amy Becktell

I have a couple of songs that I have written and copyrighted that I would like to submit. They were both copyrighted in 2016, outside the submission guidelines, but the songs are stylistically from the pop and Hawaiian genres. Is it acceptable to submit these? They will be captioned.

Thanks,
Amy

[...]

As long as you are the creator and own the copyright and rights to perform, it is fine to submit them.

Thank you for your interest,
Wendy
--

Wendy Cheng
Founder and president, Association of Adult Musicians with Hearing Loss

Advanced Bionics Naida (bilateral)
Viola, handbells/handchimes, piano

Amy Becktell

Hello, Wendy:

I submitted two original songs. I hope that is ok.

Is it possible to ask 8notes to add the song "Sentimental Journey?"

Thank you, Amy Becktell

[...]

I will ask that Sentimental Journey be added to 8notes.  Who is the composer and what instrumentation do you want?

Thank you,

Wendy

--

Wendy Cheng
Founder and president, Association of Adult Musicians with Hearing Loss

Advanced Bionics Naida (bilateral)
Viola, handbells/handchimes, piano

Stu Nunnery

Great thanks Wendy!

On Aug 26, 2021, at 12:02 AM, Wendy Cheng <ldwendy@...> wrote:

Amy:

As long as you are the creator and own the copyright and rights to perform, it is fine to submit them.

Thank you for your interest,
Wendy
--

Wendy Cheng
Founder and president, Association of Adult Musicians with Hearing Loss

Advanced Bionics Naida (bilateral)
Viola, handbells/handchimes, piano

Amy Becktell

Hi, Wendy:

For the song "Sentimental Journey," the music was written by Les Brown and Ben Homer, and the lyrics were written by Bud Green. Published in 1944.

I am singing vocals and playing with a ukulele accompaniment. A lead sheet is probably what is needed. A sheet with the melody, lyrics, and chords.

My own songs are copyrighted. Do you need to see a copy of my copyrights?

Thanks!
Amy

I will ask that Sentimental Journey be added to 8notes.  Who is the composer and what instrumentation do you want?

Thank you,

Wendy

--

Wendy Cheng
Founder and president, Association of Adult Musicians with Hearing Loss

Advanced Bionics Naida (bilateral)
Viola, handbells/handchimes, piano

Stu Nunnery

Wendy, will there be introductions from you or do we include any introductory comments at the beginning of our videos? Thx…

On Aug 26, 2021, at 6:11 AM, Stu Nunnery <buskerman880@...> wrote:

Great thanks Wendy!

On Aug 26, 2021, at 12:02 AM, Wendy Cheng <ldwendy@...> wrote:

Amy:

As long as you are the creator and own the copyright and rights to perform, it is fine to submit them.

Thank you for your interest,
Wendy
--

Wendy Cheng
Founder and president, Association of Adult Musicians with Hearing Loss

Advanced Bionics Naida (bilateral)
Viola, handbells/handchimes, piano

Wendy Cheng

Stu asked about introductions - my preference is to have biographical information and pertinent information (such as why you selected this work(s) sent to me so I can include that in the concert program.

Thank you!
Wendy
--

Wendy Cheng
Founder and president, Association of Adult Musicians with Hearing Loss

Advanced Bionics Naida (bilateral)
Viola, handbells/handchimes, piano

Stu Nunnery

Thanks Wendy…

On Sep 8, 2021, at 6:06 AM, Wendy Cheng <ldwendy@...> wrote:

Stu asked about introductions - my preference is to have biographical information and pertinent information (such as why you selected this work(s) sent to me so I can include that in the concert program.

Thank you!
Wendy
--

Wendy Cheng
Founder and president, Association of Adult Musicians with Hearing Loss

Advanced Bionics Naida (bilateral)
Viola, handbells/handchimes, piano

Brad Ingrao

Sure, whatever works for you

On Wed, Sep 8, 2021 at 3:06 AM Wendy Cheng <ldwendy@...> wrote:
Stu asked about introductions - my preference is to have biographical information and pertinent information (such as why you selected this work(s) sent to me so I can include that in the concert program.

Thank you!
Wendy
--

Wendy Cheng
Founder and president, Association of Adult Musicians with Hearing Loss

Advanced Bionics Naida (bilateral)
Viola, handbells/handchimes, piano

--
Best regards,